Call For Papers
Epigenetic Robotics 2008
30 - 31 July 2008 (NEW DATE)
University of Sussex,
Eighth International Conference on Epigenetic Robotics:
Modeling Cognitive Development in Robotic Systems
30 April 2008: Deadline for submission of papers & posters
31 May 2008: Notification of acceptance of papers & posters
30 June 2008: Deadline for camera ready papers
In addition to traditional EpiRob topics, we are especially interested in submissions that will enhance emerging dialog between evolutionary and developmental perspectives. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial embryology
- Morphogenesis, differentiation, and regulation.
- Behavioral inheritance and social learning.
- The evolution of language acquisition.
- Phylogenetic constraints on perceptual processing (e.g., face perception).
- Neuroplasticity and the evolution of cognition.
- Evolutionary influences on mother-infant bonding.
- Modularity of mind (evolutionary constraints on neural processing).
- Tool-use and problem-solving in humans, non-human primates, and machines.
Modes of Submission